Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Holiday Charity Event!
We are excited to be the first LGS to kick off the Konami 2023 Yu-Gi-Oh! Holiday Charity Event! Join us on Friday December 1st 2023 to take part in this awesome event and donate some food this holiday season! Below you will find the format and how this event works. See you on Friday!
How the Holiday Charity Event works:
- Holiday Charity Event is an Advanced Format, Swiss round tournament, no more than four Rounds.
- Duelists participate in Matches (best 2-out-of-3 Duels).
- Entry fee is a minimum of 5 non-perishable food items (minimum of 10.5 oz with an expiration date of no sooner than 3/1/2024). Duelists will turn in their food items for 1 Star Chip postcard. One (1) Star Chip will be at stake in each round, with a total of four (4) Rounds. Whoever wins in that Round will take all the Star Chips that were at stake.
- Please note that while the Duelist may bring in more than 5 food items, and even be encouraged to do so, they can only use 5 food items for the event. Note: Bringing more than 5 does not entitle the Duelist to more prizing from the tournament. However, additional food items would be a donation above and beyond what is required to participate and be put towards a separate prizing pool that IHC Cards & Collectibles will be raffling off for the Duelists who bring extra non-perishable food items. Each additional (above the 5 required to enter the tournament) item will give you a ticket into the separate prize pool.
- Duelists finish the event when they have finished Round 4.
- Duelists will receive one (1) Prize Pack for each Star Chip they turn in at the end of Round 4 up to a maximum of nine (9) Prize Packs if they won every round.
- Duelists will redeem the Star Chips at the end of the four (4) Rounds for a Prize Pack.
- Since the Holiday Charity Event is targeted to new and novice Duelists, it is a much more relaxed atmosphere for younger or beginning Duelists.
- Duelists must have a CARD GAME ID number to participate in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Holiday Charity Event.
- Duelists should read over the KDE Tournament Policy and Penalty Guidelines carefully. These documents tell you what you can and cannot do at an event and gives you a good idea of what to expect. You can find these Guidelines by clicking the following links:
We will be sending all food donations to
After careful consideration we have decided to send all of the food donations from the Holiday Charity Event to the Trenton Area Soup Kitchen. If you are unsure of what items to donate, please review their Help-From-Home-Wish-List that can be found on their Ways To Give page.